When you analyse the amazing photography of Massachusetts State House, you will realise that there is more to taking a picture than just clicking the button. The science and the art of photography lie in its application. There are a lot of factors to be considered before taking the picture.
The science of photography is all about the utilization of physics and chemistry in the various aspects of the act. The physical operation of the gadget requires a lot of technical knowledge. A good photograph comes not just from being able to handle the scene and the subject but the tool as well. Knowing the intricate details of the lens along with the different lighting that is needed to make the photo clear. There are a few tricks to bag that amazing photograph to make everyone swoon
- A good photograph is the ability to focus on the subject without excluding the other elements in the snap. A branch here and a piece of furniture there will still accentuate the snap and make it look wonderful. This is where the lens comes in. The ability to zoom in and out by balancing the distance between the camera and the subject.
- If you are not happy with the angle of the snap, try to get closer. That might help get a better focus.
- Study the light available before the subject itself. See the source of the light and how you can take advantage of it. The way this light combines with the scenery and the subject can make or break the photograph.
- It is a myth to switch of the flash during the day. It helps in removing the unwanted shadows and dark spots of the scene.
- Pick the right ISO depending on the time of the day. Shutter and ISO are directly proportional. Faster the shutter-speed, higher the ISO needed to compensate.
Amazing photography does not come without the knowledge of the science behind it.